Friday, May 24, 2013

Animals

Last summer after graduating I was gifted a ceramics class called Animal Form taught by Russell Wrankle at Anderson Ranch in Snowmass, Colorado. I decided to take the class because I love ceramics but was unable to take more class during school. Also I decided to take this class over a regular throwing of pots because I love animals and find them to have the greatest expressions, very similar to humans in the craziest way!! I throughly enjoyed the class, however deep down I was still thinking, "oh this is just a fun class I'll go back to drawing afterwards though" (which of course I still have). But once I got home and the whole experience and class sunk in I realized I wanted to do more ceramics. And once I my family saw them all they were actually shocked that I produced these ceramic animals, since I have always been a 2D person. I feel very comfortable with the clay, it is very therapeutic for me, which honestly help with my life stressors as well as CF stressors and thus far I have gotten pretty good feed back...

So I recently took up another ceramics class this is what I have made so far...





In comparison to my past work... 




.... all a work is a work in progress!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment