Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Still Kickin'


 I spoke to soon, I was healthy and out of the hospital for all of about a week. I have now been in the hospital for another week, with another virus, although now feeling better, and hoping to leave fairly soon (aka today), it has been a very frustrating experience. This will have be my sixth hospitalization since April of this year. Usually the most I am hospitalized in one year is 4 times. And that has even been rare. 

And with being sick yet again, I have felt too tired to do any artwork, so that has yet again been put on hold, not that I was really even able to pick it up within the two weeks I was home. The first week I was finishing IV's and by the second week I felt sick again. I have decided to move back east, at least for now. In able to save up more money while actually getting better and staying well. I have never had my CF control my life so much, and in the end I don't think it is really controlling it, it is just telling me to slow down and BREATHE, which is what I aim to do.  

The last time I was in the hospital I decided to sign up to be a part of the SketchBook Project. It is a great project where you can sign up to receive a sketchbook, draw your heart out all over the pages and then return it and it will be within a collection a tons of other books from other artists around the world into a library. The books can then go on tour around different areas of the united states. I thought the whole Idea was super awesome. And since I haven't been able to get to my studio and do my bigger pieces, this will be a great way to let my hands move and just keep my brain sane in the hospital. 

Here are some of the drawing so far...  






No comments:

Post a Comment